The New York City Criminal Justice Agency (CJA) is a non-profit pretrial service and research organization, operating under a contract with the City of New York. CJA provides pretrial services to about 250,000 persons arrested annually in New York City. Information collected about these arrestees and subsequent case processing is maintained in the agency’s internal and externally shared database systems, which are used to conduct descriptive and evaluation research on arrestee characteristics, case processing and court outcomes, and on issues in criminal justice policy in New York City. CJA’s programs operate in the criminal courts and detention facilities within the 5 boroughs of NYC, employing over 230 employees, citywide.
- Daily operational accountability and leadership of the help desk area to ensure consistent quality, stability, and flexibility of service deliverables.
- Assure the delivery of excellent technical support with outstanding customer service to assure that satisfaction is achieved.
- Monitor and report Help Desk and Service Level Objective Performance (SLO)
- Schedule and ensure coverage support to meet service metrics
- Manages documenting processes, standardizing reports, and providing trending analysis
- Maximizes performance and productivity of the team
- Develop standardization of Helpdesk operational processes and performance tracking
- Design and implement policies and procedures for handling and escalating request
- Enforce service level objectives & agreements in consultation with end users to resolve problem resolutions and meet expectations and time
- Analyze the performance of team activities and document solutions
- Provide solutions to enhance the quality of service and reduce problems in design and delivery of solutions
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of technical needs and provide recommendations for improvement and/or execute plans for improvement
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology or 8 years information technology experience
- A+ Certification a plus
- 8 years overall experience
- 4 years minimum Help Desk supervisory experience
- Experience with data processing in computer operations , network operations, or hardware management
- Experience in client service and public relations
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent oral, listening, writing skills and customer service skills
- Strong problem solving, time management and organizational abilities
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and additional service providers both inside and outside the IT services infrastructure
- Strong business understanding of performance management, operational performance management, and service level performance management
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- The ability to prioritize tasks appropriately
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
LOCATION: Lower Manhattan
HOURS: To be determined
BENEFITS: CJA offers a very generous benefit plan including health, dental and vision insurance, 4 weeks' vacation, paid holidays and a retirement plan with employer matching contributions
DECISION MAKING / LATITUDE:
This person should be able to use their skill and discretion to make sound decisions and or take responsibility for his/her own actions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position requires occasional travel.