WORK FOR NYC'S PRIMARY PRETRIAL SERVICE AGENCY!
Our work seeks to reduce jail overcrowding and unnecessary detention in New York City.
Are you a results drive driven IT Professional using Azure Cloud Development?
Do you have an interest in working for an organization at the forefront of criminal justice reform?
Join our team of IT Professionals making an impact on the court system through data driven environment
In partnership with the New York City Mayor’s Office of Criminal Justice, the Criminal Justice Agency, (CJA) is New York City’s main pretrial services agency, combining operations, demonstration projects, and research under one roof. CJA provides pretrial services to the courts and about 250,000 persons arrested annually in New York City. CJA’s primary operation consists of screening criminal defendants arrested within the five boroughs of the City for pre-trial release. CJA operates 24 hours a day, conducting release interviews in police department detention facilities throughout the city.
We are creating a team of IT professionals with curiosity to learn, strong focus on customer needs and an ability to address current business requirements with an eye toward future possibilities. The Solutions Architect is responsible for delivering production ready cloud solutions, ensuring appropriate availability, performance and security. Candidates must have a strong foundation in Azure cloud development, be unafraid of challenges and ready to help their team succeed. This position will be based in our main office in Manhattan, NYC.
- Architect, design, build and maintain Azure cloud environments within a collaborative design and development environment.
- Assess business requirements and transform into a functional cloud solution.
- Self-starter with the ability to understand complex business problems and architect solutions that meet customer needs and best practices.
- Write and maintain scripts to increase system efficiency and to automate tasks.
- Monitor and test application security & performance and work with the team to resolve issues anywhere in the stack.
- Leverage your technical and design skills to manage all aspects of your projects lifecycle.
- Provide technical leadership – guiding team members and managing relationships with technical partners.
- Actively support and improve agency Agile practices including participating in daily stand-ups/scrum meetings, code reviews and backlog grooming exercises.
- Support production applications through proactive troubleshooting and timely resolution of issues
- Appropriately prioritize work and provide status updates to ensure that work completes according to schedule and meets customer expectations.
- Adhere to best practices & standards, as well as appropriate security and data protection measures.
- Actively support the team by mentoring team members, supporting continuous learning and professional development efforts.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of hands-on experience designing and implementing highly available Azure platforms. With thorough knowledge of Azure delivery models, Security, App Service, Service Bus, Logic Apps & Blob Storage
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment tools and processes. As well as an understanding of automation and script development processes
- Demonstrated competence in delivering projects using Agile methodology and expert knowledge of Azure DevOps (formerly VSTS)
- Exceptional critical thinking, problem solving skills as well as a desire to learn new technology
- Able to participate in an on-call rotation
COMMUNICATION & INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to translate business requirements into clear technical specifications.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with internal teams and external partners
REQUIRED EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelors in a technology related discipline or equivalent experience
- Microsoft Cloud Certification MCSD, MCPD or MCSE highly desirable
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
BENEFITS: CJA offers a very generous benefit plan including health, dental and vision insurance, 4 weeks' vacation, paid holidays and a retirement plan with employer matching contributions
The New York City Criminal Justice Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer